[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:21:21 -0400

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> FWIW, these issues were brought to the attention of Haiku, Inc. with
>> some discussion on what should be done.
>
> When this is the case, it would be nice if any of the Haiku Inc. folks
> sent a short email to that effect; this would give the rest of us the
> peace of mind that the issue at hand is being looked into, and will
> avoid any speculations due to lack of information.

It is my opinion that something like this could be discussed more out
in the open. There is nothing secret about our distro guidelines, and
while I think we all appreciate the efforts of someone like SHINTA to
make Haiku easier to use for Japanese users, the reality is he did not
follow the distro guidelines.

In the future I will push for things like this to be discussed more
openly. I think the Haiku, Inc. list is being misused to avoid
"hurting feelings" or whatever the excuse might be to discuss things
privately. I have been guilty in the past of discussing things their
that could be discussed on this list, and from now on I will default
to sending emails here.

But what we need from the people on this list is the understanding
that an email from me or Urias or Matt or Axel does not automatically
represent the "Haiku, Inc. response". In fact I think we should move
the role of Haiku, Inc. to strictly about managing the donations, the
use of that donated money and resources bought with that money, and
trademarks. Not some "ultimate decider" in all things Haiku related.

--
Regards,
Ryan