[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:07:25 -0700

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> Ryan Leavengood wrote on Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:21:21 -0400:
> > It is my opinion that something like this could be discussed more out
> > in the open. There is nothing secret about our distro guidelines, and
> > while I think we all appreciate the efforts of someone like SHINTA to
> > make Haiku easier to use for Japanese users, the reality is he did
> > not
> > follow the distro guidelines.
>
> Well, the issue was brought up in this public list, and nobody said
> anything until (I responded) today. I can't help but wonder why not
> respond here instead of taking the dicussion to the Haiku Inc. closed
> mailing list...

Just because nobody said something on the public list, don't go assuming
that it wasn't being talked about amongst Haiku Inc members.  Since we are
located across several times zones this sometimes takes a few days to get
everyone on the same page.
We have dealt with distros that violated the distro guidelines in the past
and this one will be no different.  It was delayed however by us not knowing
right away that it was in violation.  If you look at the first few emails of
the thread you'd see that.  Heck Jorge was the first one to respond, and
didn't point out the violation.  Once it was brought to our attention, we
then started a discussion of what and how to handle it.  It is being dealt
with, so be patient.
-scottmc