[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:37:18 -0500

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To me, you are either too sensitive or paranoid, and have this tendency
> to react emotionally rather than rationally to observations or criticism
> that are actually meant to make things better for the project.

And thus far, you are the only person who thinks you're criticizing in
a constructive manner. Everybody else thinks you're being aggressive
and abrasive, and frankly it makes no sense to me. Like the Haiku
developers themselves, everybody involved in Haiku Inc. are purely
volunteers, mostly doing completely thankless tasks that are about as
fun as watching paint dry, i.e. keeping track of finances, dealing
with countless IRS forms, etc.. Yelling at somebody as you're
effectively doing may work when you're their boss, but when they're a
volunteer who's contributing what little they have of spare time to
try and help, constantly being blasted in public fora does nothing
except kill their enthusiasm and/or self esteem, and in the long term
will just make them quit doing it and spend their time on something
else that doesn't involve public denigration. I don't see you blasting
the developers for not having this or that feature implemented by now
and being silent about what they're going to do next. Why is Haiku
Inc. so different that you feel the need to frankly be an ass at every
turn lately? It's no longer clear what you're trying to accomplish
except get every single person to quit.

Regards,

Rene