[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:25:29 -0400

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That also means that there could not have been any discussion until
> today then, when the actual inquiry about a potential guideline
> violation from Grzegorz Dbrowski was several days ago.

Well I don't think we need to argue about what exactly happened when.
The discussion within Haiku, Inc started before Grzegorz's email, when
Stephan took a closer look at the Basho release notes. But obviously
we had not yet sent an email about that here, which we should have.

No one took action because there is some restraint in one person
expressing Haiku, Inc opinions since that has caused problems in the
past.

I hope once we clarify the scope of Haiku, Inc. responsibilities we
can express Haiku, Inc. opinions with more confidence.

Finally since we all seem to agree that Haiku, Inc should handle
trademarks issues, issues like this should be handled in the future
with more speed and directness.

--
Regards,
Ryan