[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:35:39 -0700

IT does seem that the quality of scans depends more on the skill of the user
than the software and hardware. I know I am getting much better scans now
than when I first started.

1. This change is because of my understanding of the K1000 software.
Learning about settings and correction features.
2. What settings work with my scanner. IN general 300 DPI seems to be good
in most cases but I have found I can increase the accuracy rate at 400 DPI .
After an afternoon of experimentation I am finding that a brightness of 75
percent does the best. I tested these settings on several different books.

Kaitlyn
Healing Practitioner
"The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life, which is required to
be exchanged for it immediately or in the long run."
Henry Thoreau