[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:39:51 -0400

I agree about the necessity to press the book down hard enough so that sentences are not systematically cut off. Again, reading a few pages of what you scan can help alert you to this.

Seems to me that if kurzweil can give a new user a complementary six months of bookshare and if kurzweil has k1000 set up so that a person can search for books if he or she is a member than there could be a place during registration where the boness month or whatever could be checked. I understand that each upgrade has to be registered. Part of that process could be a box which says "are you a member of bookshare currently?" If you check yes then you can log on to bookshare and get your free month. Perhaps this is very hard to program and I am being naive but I do not think so.

Yes, I was at CSUN and so know the joke about square dancing. I have read other messages from you and know you write thoughtful messages so no offense taken. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out the nuts and bolts of implementing an idea.

E.