[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:13:16 -0400

To the extend that you can mess up a book by poor use of your software, or an
inferior copy, or poor positioning, you're right.  Unfortunately, proper
positioning, excellent copy, and even topflight equipment won't make up for
second-rate software.
The ocr engines happened to have gotten vastly better at recognition between
the first Kurzweils and what's now out.  In fact just between k1000 v.7 and 8
there was a significant jump in accuracy.  From Fine engin 5-6.