[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:33:33 -0500

Hi E,
I'm sorry for my sarcastic message.  I know you were ate CSUN too, but this
was a csun joke.  I guess you'd have to be there.  Inside CSUN joke about
dog square dancing.A

Anyway, your idea is falid, and a good one.  But I'm not sure how hard it
might be to implement on the bookshare side.  There is most definitely a
percentage increase in OCR I'll give you that, but I do remind you that most
of what I do to get good scans has to do with how hard I press the book down
on the scanner, which engine I use, etc.  But engine upgrades do most
certainly help things out as far as quality improvements.
Do
Don't take me seriously, I sometimes smile too much and like to pass the
favr to others.

Ner