[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: "Charlene" <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:47:42 -1000

You still have to evaluate some things on an individuat basis.  If there
are a lot of medical or scientific terms then the percentage will be
very low because those words aren't in the spelling dictionary.  Also,
if an author has deliberately used bad English or invented words
combined words and such, as a part of the way they have chosen to write
their book, then the percentage is going to be low and it isn't right to
make corrections in those situations.  To just discard a book absed on
that percentage isn't a very good idea.  Further evaluation must be done
to check for the reson why the percentage might be lower than 99%.

Charlene