[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 05:02:48 -0400 (EDT)

Gary

While I understand what you are saying, keep in mind that not everyone who
submits for BookShare has, as their primary intent, Bookshare when they
scan and hence submit a book.
Many of us scan with BookShare as our primary reason for scanning.
Some outside volunteers scan for themselves and submit as an afterthought
believing that if it was good enough for them, submit and see what
happens.
As has been said by many others, in those instances where the book is
inferior, rejecting is the only option.
And as the workpile at Bookshare ever increases and the quality improves,
rejecting inferior work is becoming ever more easy.