[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:18:36 -0500

In my experience, I can get better results than the optimize feature by
experimenting on my own with settings, and I can do this much faster than
the optimize. I'm very glad this feature exists, but it is possible to get
excellent scans without it. It's also possible to get lousy scans even while
using this feature if the scanner doesn't hold the book binding down, or
moves the book while It's being scanned. I think caring about scanning
results and working to make sure they are excellent is the most important
factor for getting good scans, whatever software and hardware are involved.
Kellie