[bksvol-discuss] a punctuation question

  • From: Jill O'Connell <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:39:23 -0700

I am scanning a book with Kurzweil 1000 v9.2, and for the first time in my
experience it is speaking all quotation marks as apostrophe. If I remember
correctly I always see it this way on my braille display but have not had it do
so with speech as well. My question is, how will this show up on the BRF
version? I assume the print that Kurzweil sees creates the problem. I seem to
remember this thread on this list some time ago but have to admit I wasn't
paying that much attention at the time. Is there any solution to this problem
or will it be translated in braille as quotation marks?