[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:33:36 -0500

I've just submitted Miss Understanding by Stephanie Lessing. Page breaks have
been protected, headers stripped, page numbers and chapter headings protected.
There are intentional mispellings in the book, but they are correct, according
to the printed text. This rank spelled with a 99.97 rating, and was marked as
having adult content. There is no reason for this designation. So, if the
proofreader would remove it, I would be grateful.

If you have questions, contact:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here's the synopsis:

Zoe Rose never quite fit in. As the only kid in kindergarten with an enormous
red afro, Zoe was taunted by the other little girls for refusing to share her
"Annie" wig, even when she swore it was her own hair (it was). In second grade,
after seeing her best friend ridiculed for wearing a dirty, pink, polka-dot
party dress to school every day, she became obsessed with understanding what
makes normal girls tick and why they're so cruel to the girls who never seem to
"get it." And so Zoe begins a lifelong study of girl behavior, and by thirty,
finds herself editor of Issues magazine. Determined to raid the locker room of
the female psyche and rip open the frilly façade of femininity once and for
all, she sets out to reform an entire nation of women, beginning with the
readers of the most notorious magazine on Madison Avenue. It's the feminist vs.
the fashionistas. Can Zoe stop girls from behaving badly toward other girls,
and turn them into a strong, united force that can succeed in our
male-dominated world? Or will her spectacularly warped sense of humor, pathetic
wardrobe, and plethora of psychosomatic illnesses get her eaten alive? Zoe's
willing to risk losing it all, including her mind, but she'll walk away with
something she never dreamed she wanted: the little girl hiding inside of her.

Happy reading.
Are you a fan of women's music? If so, check out the Eclectic Collection: A
Celebration of Women In Music, each Wednesday evening from 7 to 9 eastern.
www.radio360.us