[bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:39:17 -0500

I've just submitted Lady of Horses by Judith Tarr. Kurzy gave this a 99.8
rating. I specifically checked for page breaks, and found them all to be
present. The synopsis is below.

Journey back into the deep mists of time, enter the lives of a savage people
whose rituals include human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism; a
superstitious
people who fear the magic of the Shamans who live among them; a patriarchal
people who forbid women to be hunters, or go among the horse herds, or
become
shamans.

Enter the frightening, powerful life of Sparrow, the daughter of the tribe's
Shaman and a captive woman. She is destined to do all those things, for the
Horse Goddess herself has come among the herds of the tribe in the form of a
proud mare, and she has chosen Sparrow to be her servant and priestess.

Lady of Horses is a passionately romantic book, a historically accurate
book, and a wildly adventurous book. It is a love song to the ancient,
mysterious
bond between women and horses, and, like Marion Zimmer Bradley's Mists of
Avalon, takes the reader back to a time of goddess worship and women's
power.

Shannon
I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can
do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do
the
something I can do.
- Everett Edward Hale, 1822 - 1909