[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 22:54:56 -0500

That sounds like quite a neat book.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

Dog ownership is like a rainbow.
 Puppies are the joy at one end.
 Old dogs are the treasure at the other.
Carolyn Alexander

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:00 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Just submitted

Hi Everyone!

         I have just submitted "Song of the River," by Sue Harrison.  It is
the first in a trilogy.  I have no idea what made the difference between
this book and any other, but there were absolutely no scannos in this
book.  The only corrections that I had to make were adding spaces between a
handful of words that were run together.  Whatever the publisher did, I
sure wish they would all do.  I will include the book jacket
information.  It really was a good book.

Peace,

Mayrie

Eighty centuries before our time, in the frozen,
  snowbound interior of a place that will someday be called
  Alaska, a beautiful young woman called K'os, of the
  Cousin River Village, is brutally attacked and ravaged by
  men from the Near River Village. With ruthless passion
  she vows vengeance on those who have wronged her.
  The next day, in the same place, K'os finds an abandoned
  baby-a child with a club foot who's been left to die.
  She adopts the babe as her own and names him Chakliux.
  Twenty years later, K'os has grown cold and cunning,
  obsessed with the desire for revenge and eager to create
  conflict. Chakliux, respected as his tribe's treasured storyteller,
  is sent back to the village of his birth, where he has
  been chosen to wed the shaman's daughter in order to bring
  peace to the Cousin and Near River People. But before
  he can win the people's trust, a double murder jeopardizes
  his mission and forces him to travel to distant lands.
  So begins a miraculous journey that will touch
many lives-from the Whale Hunters and Walrus Men
who know the mysteries of the sea; to the lonely, gifted
Aqamdax, whose search for a home makes her an outcast
among strangers; to a boy called Ghaden, whose elusive
memories may hold the key to the storyteller's future.
Ultimately Chakliux must grow and learn driven by
the ancient songs of sea and sky, earth and animals
as he seeks the truth about the offenses for which his people
have suffered and about the woman who raised him,
the hateful and ambitious K'os, who may be his most
dangerous enemy of all.