[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 23:16:11 +0100

It seems like it was a good a idea to create a ccmx from R,G,B
measurements only (no white, no multidim steps, just three signle
channel colors with both sensors and that's all).

Even though I didn't measure white, the colorimeter agrees with the
spectro about the white point better than ever. The difference is no
higher than the usual deviation between the repeated measurements with
the individual sensors.

And it keeps reporting me the same white temperature as the spectro
even after I set the white point to a different temperature!

I created the ccmx with 6500K white point settings, changed the device
white point to 5000K and the colorimeter read 5000K (withing the
repeateability range but very-very close...).

That's what I expected from a colorimeter profile!

For some reason, ccmxmake doesn't let me create a ccss file without
white measurement.