[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Kristian Jörg <krjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:12:54 +0100

János, Tóth F. skrev 2012-01-25 20:08:
Do you have CalMan and/ or Chromapure licence(s) or plan to buy one
with the sensor anyway?

They can't sell you OEM meters alone without unless you already have a
compatible software licence.

If you are considering to buy a meter + software package then I would
go for the CalMan bundle (not the custom C6) because CalMan is useful
for HDTVs and projectors while ArgyllCMS is better than the X-Rite
bundle software for PC displays (but won't be helpful with TVs...).

But if you don't want to calibrate TVs then CalMan is useless.

The retail X-Rite Pro is also compatible with CalMan (but not with
Chromapure), in case you don't want to decide about the softwares
right now...
I am aware of the options after reading a few hundred forum posts... :)

Yes, my goal is to have one single meter that will be used for calibrating my TVs and projector and also be able to profile my PC monitors. The software will be Chromapure or Calman for the HT stuff and Argyll for the PC. Right now I am in favour of Chromapure. Seems to have a large community of happy Home Theater folks as well as professional calibrators. Cheaper and easier to use. Both will do the job though. The Calman option would give me the possibility to use autocal with my Panasonic VT30 plasma, i.e calman can remote control the TV and automatically do a high quality calibration with a final result of deltaE < 3 (configurable). That would be awesome, but the autocal add-on license costs $199 ;(

Chomapure is cheaper, but I will have to do the whole process manually.

Chromapure bundle will give me the OEM meter. It is NOT compatible with the retail meter (as of now, can change in future. A license problem it seems) Calman bundle will give me the OEM meter also, but Calman is also compatible with the retail meter.

So depending on my choice I will end up with either an OEM or retail meter.

/Kristian

2012/1/25, Kristian Jörg<krjg@xxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I am about to bye one of three different calibration packages and
depending on which I choose I might end up with either an i1 Display Pro
retail meter from X-Rite or an i1 Display Pro OEM from Chromapure or
Spectracal's CalMAN.

Will either of these i.e retail or OEM version of the meter work with
Argyll?

/Kristian

--
Med vänlig hälsning