[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Kristian Jörg <krjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:47:23 +0100

Graeme Gill skrev 2012-01-31 12:00:
Kristian Jörg wrote:
The
calibrations they supply as part of the PRO offering is RGBW CIE xy values for a
number of displays. I.e Samsung, Sony and LG LCD with different types of
backlight, plasma and projector off-screen and off-lens. These values are also
documented in a report that from what I understand is human readable. I guess
these figures are taken on top of the device own calibration. So as it seems
they are providing generic _display_ oriented correction and by that reducing dE
errors resulting from input errors from a max of 6 to 3 on all these supported
display types.
So it sounds like it's .edr files for a set of display types then.
I am afraid not. They are embedded in the license file. But if the data is the same as .edr, then it should be possible to convert. I hope...
As these types of displays are typically not what I will be using when phot
editing (I have a PVA display and a white led backlight display) I am unsure if
they offer any benefits for Argyll use... Can these RGBW-values be used as a
correction profile for Argyll, and are they of any use?
If they are .edr files, they are already supported by converting them
to .ccss files. Of course you can create your own .ccss files if
you have a spectrometer.
My ignorance shines through here. I understand how to convert .edr to .ccss and why, but what should I do with a spectrometer (if I had any)?
As I read this:http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/i1d3ccss.html it would seem the
meter come with *5 *different profiles. May I ask what those profiles are?
X-Rite label them:

  1: LCD CCFL IPS (CCFL AC EIZO HP with CORRECTION)
  2: LCD CCFL Wide Gamut IPS (WG CCFL NEC241 271)
  3: LCD RGB LED IPS (RGBLED HP SOYO)
  4: LCD White LED IPS (WLED AC LG Samsung)
  5: Projector (Marantz HP Panasonic Projectors Hybrid EDR)

(These all seem to have been measured with a Minolta CS1000 or
equivalent.)
Ok, thanks. I'll check that with Chromapure to find out what is going on...

/Kristian