[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:00:12 +0100

HDTVs convert the RGB input to YCC for internal processing and do a
lot of messy stuff inside.

It is usual for HDTVs to output a different intensity of the Red
subpixels with R=255 B=0 G=0 than R=255 G=100 B=100 and then G=200 is
another story, even if you keep the average picture level constant
(it's not the blacklit dimming on LCD or the ABL on the plasma, it's
the CMS which can't mix the colors properly).