[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 00:49:13 +1100

Kristian Jörg wrote:
> I am afraid not. They are embedded in the license file. But if the data is
> the same as .edr, then
> it should be possible to convert. I hope...

Maybe not, if they've gone to some trouble to obscure it.

> My ignorance shines through here. I understand how to convert .edr to .ccss
> and why, but what
> should I do with a spectrometer (if I had any)?

Same as they are doing - measure the spectra of your display and use it
to calibrate your i1d3 for it. Or see if someone else can create
a .ccss for your type of display.

> Ok, thanks. I'll check that with Chromapure to find out what is going on...

It's possible X-Rite isn't supplying them to its OEM's, or the OEM's
are choosing not to provide them to their customers.