[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:20:57 +1100

Kristian Jörg wrote:
> Hmm, one of their selling points (CP) is that the meter has very stable
> readings, even in very low
> light. Maybe they are reading several measurements and getting an average?

Longer readings have less variation due to refresh, but it is only a linear
improvement with integration time. If the reading synchronises, you don't
have this trade-off. Beware that claims of of improved stability may be assuming
non-refresh conditions (LCD).

> Do you provide standard calibration files with the i1d3 driver for Argyll?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Only one calibration comes with Argyll,
and that is for a CRT like display. You can use the i1d3ccss to access the
display calibrations that come with your instrument.
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/i1d3ccss.html>