[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:00:29 +1100

Kristian Jörg wrote:
> The
> calibrations they supply as part of the PRO offering is RGBW CIE xy values
> for a
> number of displays. I.e Samsung, Sony and LG LCD with different types of
> backlight, plasma and projector off-screen and off-lens. These values are
> also
> documented in a report that from what I understand is human readable. I guess
> these figures are taken on top of the device own calibration. So as it seems
> they are providing generic _display_ oriented correction and by that reducing
> dE
> errors resulting from input errors from a max of 6 to 3 on all these
> supported
> display types.

So it sounds like it's .edr files for a set of display types then.

> As these types of displays are typically not what I will be using when phot
> editing (I have a PVA display and a white led backlight display) I am unsure
> if
> they offer any benefits for Argyll use... Can these RGBW-values be used as a
> correction profile for Argyll, and are they of any use?

If they are .edr files, they are already supported by converting them
to .ccss files. Of course you can create your own .ccss files if
you have a spectrometer.

> As I read this:http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/i1d3ccss.html it would seem the
> meter come with *5 *different profiles. May I ask what those profiles are?

X-Rite label them:

 1: LCD CCFL IPS (CCFL AC EIZO HP with CORRECTION)
 2: LCD CCFL Wide Gamut IPS (WG CCFL NEC241 271)
 3: LCD RGB LED IPS (RGBLED HP SOYO)
 4: LCD White LED IPS (WLED AC LG Samsung)
 5: Projector (Marantz HP Panasonic Projectors Hybrid EDR)

(These all seem to have been measured with a Minolta CS1000 or
equivalent.)

> Now
> why are they not in Toms' list for the standard offering? I thought I had it
> all
> figured, but this confuses me...

No idea.