[argyllcms] Re: Compatibility with i1 (Eye One) Display Pro 3 retail and OEM?

  • From: Kristian Jörg <krjg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:30:02 +0100

Graeme Gill skrev 2012-01-31 14:49:
My ignorance shines through here. I understand how to convert .edr to .ccss and
why, but what
should I do with a spectrometer (if I had any)?
Same as they are doing - measure the spectra of your display and use it
to calibrate your i1d3 for it. Or see if someone else can create
a .ccss for your type of display.
Ok, that's where the community comes in...

Must say that this is a steep learning curve for sure. Why would I need to measure the display spectra to calibrate the meter when the goal of my calibration is to calibrate the display. Seems like a catch-22 to me...

Ok, thanks. I'll check that with Chromapure to find out what is going on...
It's possible X-Rite isn't supplying them to its OEM's, or the OEM's
are choosing not to provide them to their customers.
Yes, I assume the profiles you listed are from the X-Rite Display Pro meter and not the (CalMAN) OEM?