[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "psbr20252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <psbr20252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:18:00 -0400

Alan,

Police checks (rather than clearance) is common sense in our current world=

of paranoia and litigation!

With regard to the other items=2E=2E=2E=2Ewould you be happy having a driv=
er on
your track who didn't know how to do any of those activities=2E

Please don't blame the safety police for this (they get enough stick as it=

is) all that is happening is that what was "informally" done in recent
times is being formalised and thus has an audit trail=2E  What's wrong wit=
that=3F

Plymouth Miniature Steam had a regime similar to the old "steam days" wher=
potential drivers started by learning how to get steam up (they just got t=
driving a bit quicker than the old links!) they also had to "guard" as wel=
l=2E

I'm sorry Alan, but like a lot of people, you seem to be taking an extreme=

view of what is simply good practice and common sense (and as a friend
says, the problem is these days, it just isn't that common any more!)

Regards

Peter

From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@gotadsl=2Eco=2Euk>

And long may they continue to do so but I still don't see your point about=

the "plethora of rules and regulations" involved in public running=2E I've=

never come across them - what are they=3F

Barrie=20

MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST=2E

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, send a blank email to,=20
modeleng-request@freelists=2Eorg with the word "unsubscribe" in the subjec=
line=2E