[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "I.D.PRIEST." <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:14:14 +0100

Gents,

Talking of the nanny state and at the risk of going off topic I attended a
seminar some weeks ago in which a doctor of some ology or other was
suggesting that evidence now shows that many young people don't transgress
adolescence till their mid twenties.  The reason he gave was that life is
now too sterile and society is too safe.  The knock on effect is that many
people don't learn by mistakes early enough and don't form cognitive
thinking processes till later in life.

He went on to suggest that in many cases modern parents are too good, too
protective and that parents really only ought to be good enough.

Food for thought maybe but form personal experience falling out of the odd
tree or two doesn't seem to have done me too much harm.

Regards, IDP

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm