[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:56:58 -0500

At 09:12 PM 8/8/06 +0100, you wrote:
>I think that leaving accident reporting to the "gossip grape vine" is
>indefensible.

      I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US the live steam hobby
seems to be afflicted with a lot of folks who feel the need to embellish,
exaggerate, or outright fabricate tales of woe concerning these sorts of
things, even when it is potentially to our great detriment to do so, and
with each repeating the tale gets worse.  This seems to be particularly the
case with one of our two most sensitive concerns, boilers, and astoundingly
it sometimes comes from the people with the most to lose should one of
these outlandish tales fall upon the wrong ears.

Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee