[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "I.D.PRIEST." <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:48:21 +0100

Alan,

Couldn't agree more we have a similar programme in our club, in reality I
have been making and driving miniature locos for getting on thirty years,
the last thing I need is some pillock without a loco and having never
constructed one telling me how to drive one look after or run one!  I don't
have to attend the driver training but with all the fuss I am begining to
wonder if its worth being in a club or running publicly.  I enjoy my hobby
but am sure I could enjoy it just as much in my own garden with a smaller
gauge loco ~~~ could even enjoy a pint or two at the same time without
upsetting some other pillock.

Id better stop now before I get into trouble bit I can really get upset with
this sort of thing.

Often its a case of those who think they know what theyr'e doing are
annoying those of us who do.

Regards IDP

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm

From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

And long may they continue to do so but I still don't see your point about
the "plethora of rules and regulations" involved in public running. I've
never come across them - what are they?

Barrie