[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:53:06 +0100 (BST)

Surely in every club there is a big enough mix of people, old hands and
newbies, that we do this kind of collation of accidents automatically.

The advice and gossip grape vine in each club; and the looking over
shoulders ensures that most 'common but trivial accidents' don't get
repeated I would have thought.

In the scheme of things, those who ask/get advice and heed it are usually
okay. Those who go off 'experimenting' for no reason or need, are usually
the ones that either have the knack for this kind of thing, or soon learn
not to.

If an accident is common enough that it is worth sharing around between
clubs, then it will surely be common enough to have been heard of in all
clubs anyway, by way or reputation, or our usual publications such as ME
or EIM.

Where the public are concerned the issues may be slightly different, but
then in reality most of the kit is tried and tested by experimenting on
fellow society members and their families. Again, the worths of sharing
info between clubs would be questionable as I've yet to come across two
clubs that have the same setup of coach bodies, brakes, track, tip rails,
arrestors, etc.

Does that spark off any further thought?

Yours,

Rich.