[modeleng] Accidents

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Model Engineering List" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:37:35 +0100

I've never understood why there is no formal procedure for reporting accidents
in the model engineering world. I refer particularly to our miniature railway
operations where we are carrying fare paying members of the public. We all know
that accidents happen but I have never seen a formal report of any of these
accidents. How are we supposed to learn from them if we are not told what has
happened? Surely there is a job here for our national associations?
Don't anybody tell me it ain't possible - I've just retired from 30 years of
gliding where every accident is investigated and the details published for all
to read and learn. The same is true for the power flying world.
Maybe it's different in other countries?
Barrie Purslow
Warrington UK