[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "I.D.PRIEST." <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:59:56 +0100

Gents,

How far do we go, I work in schools and recently somebody decided that
people in my position should have enhanced checks, two points:~

Firstly how have I changed in the last seventeen years to warrent this.

Secondly if we are to go down this line with our hobby then I'm sorry I am
not prepared to submit bank account details and details of my family and
friends just so I can take a passenger round a track in a public park.

I'm all for protecting the innocent and vulnerable but I do think its time
some of our legislators ought to have a sense of proportionality.

Also will the legislators ever get inside our private workshops after all
Peter wouldn't that also be formalising good practice once handed down.

Regards IDP

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm

From: alan stepney alan@alanstepney=2Einfo
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 02:08:49 +0100
To: modeleng@freelists=2Eorg

Apart from a boiler certificate, many clubs now require police clearance o=
f=20
each driver=2E

My club, like some others, requries drivers to have gone through a
driver=20=

training programme, have the appropriate certificate, and carry a log book=
=20
around for that=2E:-

This year's training schedule will include:
Learning to prepare a steam locomotive for use on the track
Track safety and signals
Cleaning and placing 'on-shed' a locomotive after use
Driving and control of a 'diesel'
Correct use of signals and official duties of station control and guard
Driving with passengers

 The Driver training scheme is intended to prepare drivers for running=20
trains safely on public running days=2E  Included in the training is a=20
log-book to be maintained by each trainee signifying hours spent driving o=
n=20
any track with any locomotive=2E

Then, for many events, there is the Risk Assesment to be prepared and=20
submitted beforehand, accident books, logs, etc etc=2E=2E=2E=2E

I have probably missed some out, but that lot is enough to turn a hobby
into=20
work=2E

Alan

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@gotadsl=2Eco=2Euk>

And long may they continue to do so but I still don't see your point about=

the "plethora of rules and regulations" involved in public running=2E I've=

never come across them - what are they=3F

Barrie=20

MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST=2E

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, send a blank email to,=20
modeleng-request@freelists=2Eorg with the word "unsubscribe" in the subjec=
line=2E