[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "alan stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 02:08:49 +0100

Apart from a boiler certificate, many clubs now require police clearance of
each driver.

My club, like some others, requries drivers to have gone through a driver
training programme, have the appropriate certificate, and carry a log book
around for that.:-

This year's training schedule will include:
Learning to prepare a steam locomotive for use on the track
Track safety and signals
Cleaning and placing 'on-shed' a locomotive after use
Driving and control of a 'diesel'
Correct use of signals and official duties of station control and guard
Driving with passengers

 The Driver training scheme is intended to prepare drivers for running
trains safely on public running days.  Included in the training is a
log-book to be maintained by each trainee signifying hours spent driving on
any track with any locomotive.

Then, for many events, there is the Risk Assesment to be prepared and
submitted beforehand, accident books, logs, etc etc....

I have probably missed some out, but that lot is enough to turn a hobby into
work.

Alan