[modeleng] Re: Spinning

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:57:10 +1000

Just a few points for spinning petticoat pipes;

It is much easier if you make up a split chuck, with the 'negative' of your
flare cut into it.

Doesnt hurt to also support the pipe with a bit of closeish fitting dowel
inside - but not so tight that you can't get it out for the...

.... several annealings you will need.

best to make a spinning tool that will pivot around the toolpost, with at
least 8 or 10 to 1 mech advantage and the working end kept a short as
possible.