[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Jenny Cheung <jennyche_ung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:41:38 -0800 (PST)

I watched that show too.  Can you believe people are trying to "get" a 13 years
old.  But think about it in the other way, we all use chatting in anyhow
anyway, so it helps communication in a good way also.

  I think it's the problem of people's moral thinking.  In that TV show, most
of the people know that the girl is not 18 yet, but they still went to her
house, I don't think it has 100% to do with the blogging or chatting.  I think
the best way to stop illegal chatting is to use our driver's licene # to verify
the age on certain website or chatting tool.

Dustin Farhat <df5216@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I chose the issue of the so called blogging or chatting. I have recently
watched a show that hit very hard home. It is about this web site called
myspace.com, now i know if you are above 18 its not a big deal because you are
considered an adult. But this report i watch on 60 minutes was about online
predators preying on young boys and girls who put there profiles and pictures
on the internet thinking that its just for fun. Wel 60 minutes caught 5 or 6
men in one night who actually were convicted sex offenders to respond and come
over to a boys (or so they thought) house. This is really scary for me because
my girlfriends sister used that site along with all of her firends. And they
all had pictures and profiles of themselves on it, not only are they too young
to really understand the concept of the situation, but they are still very
impressionable so they could be talking to someone who they thought was their
friend whom they met online but it could be a 54 year old sex off
 en der
 waiting for an opportunity to strike. I taped the program that night and
showed it to her and 2 of her friends. The i watched them immediatley go on
that site and delete everything. It mad me feel a little better knowing that,
that is one less way for sick people to get tp these 3 young girls, but there
are still so many out there. Parents please, if you know you child has
something on myspace.com check the web site out thoughouly and you will be
suprised what your child has access to in terms of pictures, chatting and so
forth. Check this website out if you want to find out more.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11064451/

  Dustin Farhat df5216@xxxxxxxxx

       "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
                                           - Michael Jordan

  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.

Jenny Cheung
  jennyche_ung@xxxxxxxxx
          "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna
get."

http://mail.yahoo.com