[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q4

  • From: Jenny Cheung <jennyche_ung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv Listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:27:47 -0800 (PST)

I personally received email spams from fake ebay.  The email said that my
account is being closed, since I haven't use it for couple months.  They asked
me to click on one link and update my personally information.  I did it.  As a
result, it was a spam.  I tried to use my ebay account, and I couldn't get in.
Ebay looked my account since someone else was trying to use it, I had to verify
lots of information, e.g. what kind of stuff I bought before, what was my past
zip code and even more details about my past purchasing on ebay.  It was a
headach.

  After talking to the live agent on ebay, I was told that ebay would never
send their customer any emails regarding personally information updating.  So
watch out guys.

Jenny Cheung
  jennyche_ung@xxxxxxxxx
          "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna
get."

Yahoo! Mail