[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:24:08 -0600

We will be providing a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at 7pm on Friday,
Dec 24.  This experience will enable us to hear again the story of events
surrounding the birth of Jesus.  The service will include scriptures, songs,
and readings selected to heighten our perceptions of the mystery and wonder
of Christmas.and candles to represent the light God has given to us.
Everyone is welcome to share in this service.

If you will be able to attend and would like to participate in the
candlelight service, please let me know and I will include you in the
presentation.

Also, if anyone has any life-size figures and a cradle or manger which could
be used on this evening, please inform me and I will arrange to transport
them to the church beforehand.  These do not need to be traditional nativity
figures.  And, any animal figures can be used as well.

I pray you will be gently embraced by the magnificence of God's provision
for our salvation.