[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:00:05 -0600

Having made the recent journey through Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany, we
are renewed in our determination to follow the way of Jesus toward the
consummation of the reign of God.  While we continue on this journey we will
respond to opportunities of ministry that come to us by divine initiative.
Many persons continue to struggle through disruptions created by past
hardships, and newly encountered circumstances further complicate the lives
of some of these and others.  Underneath the discomforts associated with
these events, we are assured that God is at work, not only redeeming the
creation but also fashioning us to be disciples of Jesus.  This awareness
becomes the focus that keeps us oriented.  Neither harsh adversity nor
perplexing uncertainty can divert our spirits when we seek to promote the
prophetic call to live justly, show mercy, and render respect to all persons
with whom we have contact.  In this way we live in harmony with God's
intention for our lives together.

I will be away from the office until Sunday, Jan 23, while I attend class at
the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart.  As you proceed into
the new year, may you sense the constant presence of God as a light guiding
you into the unknown future so that you may walk with anticipation toward
the dawning of the new heaven and earth.