[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:25:14 -0500

I pray you are refreshed and encouraged by the experiences of your journeys.

This Sunday we will be reflecting on the significance of 'sabbath time.'
What concepts come to mind whenever you think about the sabbath day?  As you
process these concepts, do they bring you a sense of recreation or do they
prompt feelings of solemn obligation?  How do your experiences with
instruction and observation compare with your inner recognition concerning
the perceived benefit of sabbath days?  These thoughts will compose the
sermon, "Restoring Your Primal Being."

The following Sunday, August 29, we will together present a worship collage
to Yahweh as each of us offers a tribute according to the leading of God's
spirit.  Please continue to contemplate and devise some manner of assisting
in this service.  We have thus far scheduled about 12 minutes of the
assembly hour.  There remains a time and place for you.  I will be preparing
the order of worship on Thursday.  Please indicate to me by Wednesday
evening, August 25, the nature of and time desired for your offering.  Also
include any additional information you wish to have reported in the
bulletin.  Thank you for considering this opportunity to express glory to
God and nourishment for our community.

I am planning an outing for the youth in September.  My desire is to take
them on a hike along the greenbelt and perhaps to a swimming
location--provided the water continues to flow, then to enjoy a pizza supper
afterward.  It seems that Sept 5 would be the best time for this event.  I
will need some help not only to transport the youth from the church after
lunch to the trailhead but also to drive them to the pizza restaurant
following the hike.  Others may wish to companion with us on the journey.
Please let me know if you would be able to support this adventure:  parents
gathering their children at the close of the day; and some help from others
with transportation.  I will meet with the youth after church this Sunday to
consider this plan and finalize a provision for some event which they
believe will be beneficial to them.