[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 10:52:24 -0500

I will be away from the office until Monday, Oct 18, for my scheduled
absence.  On Wednesday, Oct 13, Laura will be with me in Dallas for my
interview with the credentialing committees of WDC and SCC.  Afterward,
Laura and I will travel to southwest Nebraska to visit Hannah, our new
granddaughter, and her mom and dad.

Next Sunday, Oct 17, Helen Hopson will be our preacher.  I am glad you will
have opportunity to share in worship with her.

There is still a place for you in the Fifth Sunday Congregational Worship
Celebration on Oct 31.  Please inform me by Thursday morning, Oct 28, of
your planned participation.  This will be Mennonite Heritage Sunday.perhaps
a historical account might serve to nourish and encourage us in our
contemporary Anabaptist witness.  I invite you to share with us as you feel
prompted.

I pray this will be a week filled with refreshing sensitivity to the
constant companionship of God's redeeming spirit.