[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:14:00 -0500

I pray you are entering into another week of service with joy and
thanksgiving.

Laura and I regret that we needed to depart so soon following the worship
service yesterday.  We arrived in Woodville just as the funeral was
concluding at the church, so Laura did have opportunity to view her deceased
aunt and share her feelings with family.  We then accompanied the others to
the cemetery and finally to the local home of a daughter where family and
friends gathered.

As we were preparing to leave the building here, I was caused to feel warmth
and joy as I witnessed your caring and generous visitation with guests and
those who have recently returned from travels.  My spirit was blessed by
your kindness toward each other.

To all of you who shared yourself with the community during our worship
together, I am grateful for your testimony and participation.  Your ministry
strengthened and inspired me.  I realize my exceeding enthusiasm for the
service caused the experience to extend beyond our usual time.  My intention
is to honor the time we have designated, and I apologize for this surprise.

I desire to hear feedback from you about how this service impacted your
worship experience and spiritual life.  Please indicate whether or not you
would like to see this kind of service become a recurring alternative for
each fifth Sunday--one more this year (Oct) and four in 2005 (Jan, May, Jul,
Oct).

Also, there are opportunities for ministry in the worship service this next
Sunday:  Décor, Greeter, Worship Leader, and Children?s story.  The
remaining Sundays in September have these same possibilities for your
participation.  Please consider these and contact me if you believe this
involvement will be appropriate for you.