[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:10:54 -0500

I pray you are well and content.

On many occasions persons eagerly sought after cleansing and healing that
came to be associated with the presence of God.  Throughout biblical
history, the presence of God represents a resource which appealed to those
with disease and dysfunction.  These deficiencies still plague the human
family, and still impoverished persons seek to find God's recreative
presence?  Where is God present in this way today, or does God no longer use
this method to redeem the miserable and distressed?  It seems that restoring
health did not often produce a relational transformation--physical relief
did not bring persons into communion with God by reforming their
impoverished spirit.  What is God doing in our time to transform persons and
restore community?  What does redemption look like in 2004.what mighty acts
of God can we recognize in our experience?  These thoughts will compose the
sermon for Sunday, "To Honor God's Intention."