[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:20:10 -0500

I pray this will be a week of joy and anticipation as you continue your
journey of faith.

This next Sunday marks the end of Daylight Savings Time.  We recover the
hour lost to us last spring by setting the clock backward.

In worship together we will be enriched by those who share experiences and
reflections they have encountered.  Also we will herald the day as
'Reformation Sunday' as well as 'Mennonite Heritage Sunday'-recovering
memories of enormous consequence for us.  Perhaps it will be good
preparation for us to meditate during the week on the faith of courageous
persons who have gone before us where there was no trail, leaving a
beneficial pathway for us.