[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:28:15 -0500

I pray you are encouraged by your experiences this week.

The deadline for indicating your intention to share in the worship service
for this coming Sunday is near.  If you have not already contacted me about
your interest, please do so before tomorrow (Thursday) morning.  Already I
have included those of you who have spoken with me.

We will also reflect on the apparent irrationality of discipleship-how
following the way of Jesus may appear to be out of touch with, even opposed
to the more pragmatic and expedient behavioral options.  In your memory of
Anabaptist history, do you recognize this phenomenon?   What indications of
this occurrence have you encountered in your personal experience?  What
considerations create this circumstance?  How does Jesus help us maneuver
through this rugged territory as we journey on with him?