[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:14:23 -0600

As we journey through the season of Advent, we lift our eyes toward a new
light and behold God at work redeeming the creation.  We will watch and see
God keeping the divine promise to bring peace, harmony, healing, and
restoration to our lives, our communities, and our world.  Our often
unfulfilling efforts to secure these provisions for those who inhabit this
planet with us are vindicated by God's determination to establish these
capacities for us.  We may leave behind us for this season our frustrations
and aggravations, and embrace the beauty and comfort associated with God's
love for us and for all others who live as neighbor to us.  Let us hold
reverently the blessing of God's magnificent display--the gift of infinite
love and comprehensive redemption.

May it go well with you.