[amc] A note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:23:06 -0500

I pray this will be a week of fulfillment and enrichment for you.

I will be out of the office until Monday, September 20 for my scheduled
absence.  Most of this time Laura and I will be in Mississippi for the
funeral of my mother who died suddenly on Saturday.  I expect to return by
next weekend.

In April, 2005, we will be hosting an event for the mid-Texas Mennonite
Convention-an association of Mennonite communities in Dallas, Waco, Austin,
Houston, and San Antonio.  For nearly 15 years, various Mennonite
communities have met annually for mutual support and worship in a retreat
setting.  Austin sponsored this retreat in the spring of 1995.  During the
recent SSC meeting, member communities of mid-Texas asked that we again
organize the retreat.  Some of the work has already been
accomplished-reservations have been made for facilities to accommodate 90
persons at Bastrop State Park for April 15-17, 2005, including group
barracks, kitchen, and dining room.  Other organizational requirements
remain, some of them needing our prompt attention.  If you feel gifted in
guiding us through this procedure, please contact me or Dan.  I will be
working with several of you to coordinate this opportunity and others will
be able to participate in the implementation of the planned retreat.  One of
our first priorities will be to identify a speaker for the weekend.  In
1995, the selected guest speaker was J. Lawrence Burkholder, and the
preacher was Walt Friesen..  Please reflect on this event and let us talk
freely about possibilities.

Thank you for your generous support and investment in the well-being of our
community.  Your ministry provides a significant encouragement to all of us.