[SS2S-Main] Re: temperature controller with arduino

  • From: Peter Johansson <rockets4kids@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:43:56 -0400

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Vicente Alvero Zambrano
<vicente_alvero_14@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone know how to make a temperature controller with arduino to make a home
> oven to cure composite?
> The idea is to monitor several computer fans and thermal resistances. Must
> be able to follow a cure profile and decreased with increases in temperature
> curing.
> Any volunteer?

Homebrew SMD reflow ovens made from toaster ovens have become quite
popular in the past few years among electronics hobbyists.  I am
guessing the temperature curves for SMD soldering are going to be
tighter than those required for the curing of epoxy, so this one of
these designs should easily work.

Just google "smd reflow toaster oven" for many examples.

-p.