[SS2S-Main] Re: temperature controller with arduino

  • From: John Doe <waaslandwolf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 23:18:57 +0200

Either go with the PID if it meets your requirements on programming the
temperature profile, or with the BCS brewing controller which certainly does.

What I've learned from years of developing electronics: if it already exists as
a product, it is likely to be cheaper to buy it than to build it. The time
saved can be invested elsewhere.

Which doesn't mean building isn't fun, educational etc, but if the product is
only a small part of a programme, It's better to get it out of the way and
proceed towards the bigger goal. When laying a 10.000 piece puzzle you don't
want to make each piece by hand, you just buy them and focus on completing the
puzzle.

David