[SS2S-Main] Re: temperature controller with arduino

  • From: Timothy Young <tyoung489@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:30:38 -0700

As much fun as it is to play with Arduinos it's a waste of time & money.
Programmable PID Temperature Controller with single or dual sensors can be
purchased on eBay for $15-$60.

Where will you be placing the temperature sensor for the controller, embedded
in the part or on the surface?
Or are you going to try to run the oven at the desired temperature and
guesstimate the time it takes for the part to equilibrate? I believe that would
problematic and take longer to achieve your cure. I think that the manufacture
of the composite materials should be able & more than willing to provide you
with general propose curing methods & procedures.

Are you building your own over with strip heaters, fans, etc? Or are you
planing to interface the controller and fans to an existing oven?

For convection circulation you only need constant speed fans and if you plan on
using axial flow computer type fans be aware most are rated to 60-C or  70-C.
You can get 105-C rated fans but not from an old computer. sofasco.com is one
of many places you can get them. You could use standard fans but it anyone's
guess on how long they'll last.
If the parts are small you can buy small electric convection ovens sold as
Toster/Pizza ovens.
Check Walmart, Best Buy, Target, eBay, Amazon.

Sent by Timothy Young
               iPad