[SS2S-Main] Re: temperature controller with arduino

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "monsieurboo@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 07:22:24 -0400 (EDT)

 Hair dryers / heat guns may be underengineered for the expected duty cycle and
runtime.  I've scratched my head about possible alternatives.  A couple suggest
themselves as starting points:  1) small resistance-element type room heater.
2) toaster oven elements.  I think the latter may have already been mentioned
in a previous post.

(1) can certainly handle the runtime, and probably the duty cycle too.  Could
it get the oven hot enough?  I suspect it wouldn't be a big problem, but it's a
question.  Probably best suited to an "outside the oven" type design.

(2) is certainly robust enough to handle the oven environment and get it plenty
hot, but might result in an oven with difficult "hot spots" -- and putting it
outside the oven a la convection oven might make for an awkward build.

Is there now some consideration of not recirculating or at least containing the
heated air?  The "heat budget" probably won't allow for just venting it when
the fan is running.

Cheers,
Mark L.