[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:33:29 -0500

> What the article said was that even after adjusting for the difference in
> molecular weight, replacing Phenidone with a substituted Phenidone
resulted in
> somewhat less activity.  I read this on the internet but couldn't find a
> reference in my notes.  I may not have kept a copy since the article did
not
> give specific values.

This is exactly what I have found to be true using Dimezone, Dimezone-S and
Phenidone side by side in tests for activity.  It's not a profound
difference, but noticable.  When concentrations are adjusted for molarity,
on a scale of 100, I find phenidone to be a 100, Dimezone-S to be an 80 and
Dimezone to be about a 65.

Hard to beat phenidone if you can stabilize it.

JB