[pure-silver] Re: Adding Pot Bromife to PC-TEA

  • From: Jordan Wosnick <jwosnick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:40:22 -0500

I don't have a densitometer and so can't make a measurement.
Qualitatively it gave much more fog than I am used to seeing with
Tri-X in other developers or any other film. I developed
ten-year-old Tri-X in "Sprint Standard" (your run-of-the-mill
PQ-sulfite type developer) with less fog than fresh Tri-X in the
Gainer developer. Very strange, but I don't use much Tri-X so I
wasn't bothered.

The simplicity of the anhydrous (or close to it) stock solution
appeals to me a lot. I have had good luck with the PC-glycol
version for a while, and it makes negs that print very nicely with
sharp, crisp grain, but I find that for scanning (heresy!) I get
better results with more solventy developers. Currently working
towards adapting the PC-glycol stock for that use based on others'
results.

Jordan